I am very grateful to announce that I have been nominated for another award! Ashley at Mental Health At Home nominated me for the Liebster award. Thank you Ashley for believing in me and following my blog!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award serves to bring new bloggers some recognition as well as some well-needed motivation. This blogging community is brought closer each year through this award which enables us to support each other.
Here are the rules If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 12 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
10 Questions Ashley asked (nominees may answer these if they so choose):
- Why did you start blogging and where were you when you started your blog? I have been blogging unofficially since I was about 13 years old. Back then though, the platforms were not as big and it was more of a diary than a blog. I have officially been under the name Reclaiming My Sanity for 13 months now. I started blogging as a way to express my feelings and thoughts. I also thought with the mental health stigmas going on in our world right now, that it would be beneficial to show what it is like dealing with depression and anxiety.
- Do you ever fall out of love with blogging? Quite the opposite. When I first started out I was only posting randomly. Now, I am posting nearly everyday. It has helped me gain clarity of my own thoughts and life. It doesn’t feel like a chore to write when you love it.
- What’s your favorite movie? Oh man, I really don’t think I could pick just one! I actually did write a blog about my favorite movies. You can find that here if you would like My Top 10 Favorite Movies.
- Favorite make up (or hair/body care) product? I do not spend a lot of money on hair and makeup products. I do have some brands that work better with my skin type like the Simple brand for face wash and moisturizer (I buy it at Target). I do use a certain brand of foundation, but I cannot remember which it is off the top of my head right now.
- What app do you use the most to promote your blog? My blog is linked to my Google plus and Twitter account. Once a post is published it automatically posts to those two apps. I also have a Facebook page that I use for my blog that you can find here.
- What’s your favorite memory that you have while you have been blogging? Being nominated for my first award was pretty awesome. When I switched to WordPress I was not sure how many people would enjoy reading what I write. Having that reassurance is a great feeling!
- Are you glad you started blogging? YES! Having depression and anxiety issues, one of the greatest ways to overcome them is talking about them. I find writing to be therapeutic and if I can help someone else in the process, then I think that is great!
- What advice would you give to newbie bloggers? Do what you love. Write about what is important to you. The followers that matter will come. Also, BE PATIENT! Do not get so caught up in numbers, it takes time!
- How often do you post? Nearly everyday. Right now with Blogmas going on, I post at least once a day, sometimes twice. It really just depends how much is on my mind.
- What would you want to happen in a year time for you and your blog? Of course, I would love to see it grow and reach more people. However, I am content in just writing for myself.
- What make up or (hair/body care) product is your least favorite and why? Having sensitive skin and psoriasis finding products that work is very difficult. So many products that I have tried just don’t work for me. I stay away from anything with alcohol and zinc in them.
10 random facts about me
- I love Disney movies, but cannot watch Bambi.
- I have social anxiety, but am really good with customer service.
- I have a short fuse.
- I am 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- My eye sight is terrible, without glasses I am legally blind. Anything more than about 8 inches from my face is blurry. The further away it gets the blurrier it is.
- I have a very strong intuition.
- I tend to be very impulsive.
- I love sweet potatoes.
- I don’t have a favorite color, though I don’t like brown very much.
- I have a weakness for baby and kids clothes.
Now, onto the nominees (in no particular order).
Thank you again Ashley for the nomination!
2 replies to “Liebster Award”
Thankyou for nominating me!! I just did this award so I’ll be posting my answer to this one later on! Have a good one!!
LikeLiked by 1 person