I have been trying to find recipes that I can prep for lunches for my husband and I. I had found this recipe on Pinterest, located at
I wound up changing the recipe and cooking it a little bit differently than what Sweet Peas and Saffron had for theirs, so I thought I would make a post about what I used and how I did it. I apologize I don’t have the ability to create a recipe box (like most food blogs have). However, I will spare you a long blog post and just get right to what you are looking for anyway!
INGREDIENTS (Made 5 lunches)
1 package of turkey sausage links
2 sweet potatoes -medium to large in size
2 red peppers
1 green pepper
1 yellow onion
I usually start by cutting everything before cooking it, so that things don’t get burnt.
- Cut the sausage links into about 1 inch pieces
- Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes
- Cut the peppers into slices, or however you like them cut
- Cut the onion into slices, or however you like them cut
- Cut the zucchinis into slices and then I cut those slices in half
Now because I do not have a giant pan I decided to use two separate pots to cook this meal. If you have a large one you can do it that way too.
- Cook the sausage on medium heat for about 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Set the sausage aside in a bowl
- Using the same pot or pan you cooked the sausage in still on medium heat, add the peppers and onions and coat them with oil (I put a lid on the pot, but it is not required).
- In another pot or pan, on medium heat, put the zucchini and sweet potatoes in and coat them with oil as well (I also used a lid here).
- Let everything cook, stirring about every 4 to 5 minutes; in total for about 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork soft and peppers and onions are soft.
- Add everything to one bowl and mix together.
- Drizzle maple syrup on the top and mix everything together again.
and WA-LA! I portioned out enough meals for the rest of the week for my husband and I, which gave me 5 meals. However you can portion it out however you want or even make and eat this for dinner! This recipe was very satisfying. My husband tells me it would be even better with some ranch. He puts ranch on everything I swear!
Let me know in the comments if you try this and what you thought about it; even if you think it needed ranch too.
I hope you are all having a fun-filled week!