January, for me, is all about reflecting and goal setting.
I really like the questionnaires that help me do both of those things. I have done this one before 31 Questions To Answer In January . I figure, answering those same questions each year will give me some insight on what happened and what I want to accomplish going forward.
1. What is your number one goal this year?
My main focus is going to be my body. I am tired of living with so much pain all of the time that makes it extremely challenging to do all of the things I want to do. I also want to keep pushing through to my team of doctors so that, maybe, I can alleviate some of my chronic pains.
2. What are you most grateful for?
Accessibility to things, whether that is reading articles online, pinning things on Pinterest, sharing things between family and friends, all of the ways that I can learn to be better.
3. Are you content?
Is anyone ever fully content? I think it is human nature to keep striving for something. In some areas I am content, but there is always something I am working on.
4. What is your favorite memory of last year (2022)?
My long term memory is seriously lacking anymore. I have to look back at pictures and videos to remember what has even happened. Because of that, I truly cannot pick a singular moment.
5. What was the last major accomplishment you had?
I’m still going.
6. What possession could you not live without?
I am going to go with my old answer and say a blanket. Yes, I am 33 years old and still love blankets.
7. Can people change?
People have to want to change. People are certainly capable of change, but without the motivation to do so, they won’t.
8. What is the last good thing you ate?
I really like the On the Border chips! We had them the other day with some home made corn salsa.
9. What is your current favorite snack?
I don’t really snack. I often skip eating all together until I am hungry enough to make a meal. [Something I am working on].
10. What made you smile today?
Listening to my youngest 2 kids playing together. They are so close.
11. What is your favorite accessory?
If you ask my students at school, they will probably tell you it is my fanny pack. But honestly, it would probably be my hair. I am now back to pink.
12. What is making you mad?
How life revolves around money.
13. What did you have for dinner today?
We are having venison stew.
14. What did you get done today?
I made muffins and ran some errands.
15. Who last called you on the phone?
16. Who are you in love with?
My gracious husband.
17. What are you grateful for?
18. What was the best part of today?
The kids thought I was asleep still and came in to get hugs and Isla quietly told Harrison, “it’s okay if she is sleeping she will still hug you back”. Then they both piled on me. 🤗
19. My current favorite website is?
My own 😆
20. What is the hardest thing you’re dealing with?
I am in a difficult season right now. I can only hope the transition goes smoothly and I keep my sanity. I just have a lot of worries on my plate.
21. Today I wish I had more…
22. Tomorrow will be better because…
School starts back up tomorrow for the kids [mine started yesterday] and tomorrow is Isla’s 6th birthday!
23. What made today unusual?
Nothing really other than we are having deer meat for dinner.
24. What are you looking for from life?
To find contentness in as many aspects as I possibly can.
25. What is your favorite thing to drink?
The only things that I do drink are iced coffees (sometimes blended) and cold water. I want to start drinking teas again.
26. Today’s temperature was…
27. How much did you spend at the grocery store the last time you went?
28. Tomorrow I will…
Start waking up early again.
29. What was your last major purchase?
Last year we bought my husband a vehicle and did house updates.
30. My house is a home because…
Of the people and pets that dwell here.
31. Who is the last person to tell you they love you?
Even if you don’t share it with anyone, I challenge you to do this same questionnaire. It is a great tool to look at where you have been and where you want to be going. I am always looking for ways to improve myself and be the person I want to be.