It’s storming here. I am tired, but cannot sleep. Kids are still awake and I am laying here bored. I was looking at some questionnaires to pass the time- you know how I like those questionnaires 🤪. I found one that was labeled a 30 day challenge, but I figure I have the time and can just do it all now.
1. Discuss your current relationship. As corny as it sounds I am married to my best friend. We aren’t perfect people and definitely have our share of relationship struggles sometimes, but we are better together ❤.
2. Where would you like to be in 10 years? Honestly I don’t know. I just want us all to be happy and healthy.
3. What are your top 5 pet peeves? 1. Liars 2.Whining 3. Bathrooms that don’t have soap and a towel to wash and dry hands. 4. Littering 5. People who don’t have please and thank you manners.
4. Discuss your views on religion. I understand why people practice religion. They want something to believe in. They want to believe that this life has a higher meaning. But, the logical side of me wants proof. Plus, if I did decide to claim myself as a religion of any kind, I would want to 100% be committed to the belief system. So far, there isn’t anything out there for me.
5. What are your favorite comfort foods and why? My go to is boxed mac and cheese. I don’t know why, but it’s comforting to me.
6. What is your zodiac sign and does it fit your personality? I am a Sagittarius. Some of the traits I do fit, but I am also the opposite on some traits as well. I did actually write about it somewhere, I’ll plug the link –>Do I resemble My Zodiac Sign?
7. What were your favorite childhood toys? I played a lot of “house” as a kid. I just always wanted all the babies.
8. Discuss a moment when you were most satisfied with your life. I think this is all about perspective. It could imply that there is no room for improvements and I feel like there is always somewhere something could be improved. The closest thing I can think of to the feeling of satisfaction for me, was after my second child was born. The whole time in the hospital I just kept thinking how perfect things were at the time.
9. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? THAT is the billion dollar question. I honestly don’t know.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? Hmmm. Sometimes I log onto Facebook and think about a specific person from when I was in school and wonder where they are now. I look them up and see who they turned out to be. Sometimes I wind up seeing that they are friends with other people I knew and I go down this rabbit hole of seeing what these people I use to know are up to. Im a creeper 😂
11. Put your ipod on shuffle and list the first 10 songs. I don’t have one, but I do have Spotify. The top 10 recently added songs are…
- Falling by Trevor Daniel
- Levitating by Dua Lipa
- One thing right by Marshmello and Kane Brown
- Be Kind by marshmello and Halsey
- Blueberry Faygo by Lil Mosey
- Last Forever by Ayo and Tayo
- Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers
- Fix you by Coldplay
- Goosebumps by Travis Scott
- Life is A Highway by Rascal Flatts
Most of these songs are what my son listens to. They get catchy and stuck in my head sometimes.
12. Bullet point your whole day.
- 6 AM – woke up to heinous beeping. Finally found it in the livingroom. My oldest son’s phone had a random alarm set. Went back to sleep.
- 830 AM – Youngest child woke me up and then ran out of the room. I fell back asleep.
- 9 AM – My phone rang and I woke up at the end of it ringing. It was my stepdad. I texted him thinking he was calling for one thing, but he called me again because he had to pick my mom up from work and take my mom to the hospital.
- I got up, changed a poop diaper, got the youngest 2 kids dressed for the day. Got myself dressed and did my hair really quick. Went downstairs. Made the kids toast. Had the oldest get dressed for the day and then a storm came rolling in.
- 10 AM It also happened to be tornado siren test day at the same exact time. We decided to go to the basement just incase because I don’t have cable to check the news. We had a music and cleaning party while we waited.
- 11 AM -ish We went to target for a few groceries. Stopped quickly at McDonald’s. Called my step dad for an update on mom. Went to pick him up from hospital and take him to his car at mom’s work, follow him back to his apartment, and then take him back to the hospital. Then went home.
- 12 PM Came home and made the side dishes to bring to Chris’ parent’s house for their anniversary and his dad’s birthday. I made potato salad and a fruit salad. I signed their cards, packed the stuff in bags, and then hung out on the couch for maybe 20 minutes.
- 230 PM ish We left the house to go to Chris’ parents. I talked to my step dad about my mom on the phone. We got to Chris’ parent’s and hung out there until around 8 PM.
- We got home right in time for the storm to come in. I played some Animal Crossing and then Around 930 PM it started hailing and I took a couple videos from the back door.
- I wound up munching on some leftover potato salad and hot dogs. Laid in bed, watching some YouTube, browsing pinterest, and writing this here blog. It’s currently 1117PM.
13. Where would you like to visit or live one day? Honestly I don’t forsee us moving outside of the state where we are currently, but never say never. We are in Nebraska. As for visiting, anywhere and everywhere 😄. I am currently being drawn towards mountains. I don’t have specifics yet though.
14. What is your earliest memory? I remember most of today, does that count? Haha! Earliest memory I have would probably be when I was maybe 3 or 4 years old and lived in a town home. I have bits and pieces of memories from that place.
15. 15 interesting facts about yourself. Interesting is a judgment word I think, but here are 15 facts.
- I have 2 tattoos, both are on my back
- I can roll my tongue into a 3 leaf clover
- I have 2 dogs and 2 cats
- I have moved 17 times in my life
- I don’t drink alcohol or smoke or do drugs – I even hate taking medication when it’s needed
- I love going to concerts and musical theatre
- I never planned to live past age 22
- My parents were told I was a boy in utero – I would have been named Robert
- I have facial hairs that make me mad 😠
- I can’t sleep with my mouth open or breathe through my mouth comfortably
- I can pickup things with my toes, usually it’s laundry off the floor
- I am very good at figuring out directions to build furniture, I am the director and usually Chris is the laborer 🤣 ~just ask my mom~
- My first child was born via csection, my second was an unmedicated vaginal birth, and my 3rd was a medicated vaginal birth after a full month of hospital bed rest with my water ruptured. ~dry labor is literally thee worst~
- I don’t like haunted houses
- I love to dance
16. What are your thoughts on mainstream music? I like music of many kinds, old and new. There are so many genres now, I can’t keep track of them all and who belongs to which. But, I do love music.
17. List your highs and lows of this past year. So from August 2020 to August 2021. One thing that fits both of those would be my mental health. I have been working through a lot, but it doesn’t go without it’s challenges. A high would be that we have finally been able to travel a bit more this year, which is something I always crave. Lows would be the frustration of trying to figure out what is going on with me medically. But finally getting answers would be considered a high. Do you see the pattern? You can’t have one without the other.
18. What book could you read over and over again? I am more of a one and done with books. At least at this point in time. Im still working through my summer reading list. I have been slacking.
19. What is your biggest regret in life? Debt. We used to have too much stupid, pointless, senseless debt. 95% because of me. It was certainly a hard lesson learned.
20. How important do you think education is? It is important to me, especially during childhood. Education is what shapes the future. Without knowledge, what would we have?
21. What is one of your favorite t.v. shows and why? Well, the show I can watch and never get sick of is New Girl. Why? Probably because I relate a lot to Jess, but also because it cracks me up every single episode. My favorite scene is Schmidt doing the Bollywood dance and the “not Ceces mom” getting in it and Nick nonchalantly chasing her.
22. How have you changed over the last few years? Share pictures.
I don’t feel like digging through pictures. But, my weight is what has changed the most drastically probably. I lost almost 50 pounds and have gained all that back unfortunately. It’s always a work in progress. My hair has probably changed 47839292 times.
23. Post 5 pictures of celebrities you find attractive. I find this task to be difficult. I am bisexual, but I also believe I am a demisexual. I think celebrities, for me, become attractive in the role that they play. Trying to pick 5 was a bit eye opening for me. I couldn’t do it.
24. What is your favorite movie and why? I don’t have one favorite. There are far too many good ones out there to even narrow it down.
25. Discuss someone who fascinates you and why? I really can’t think of anyone. Im not ga-ga over people. The closest thing would probably be my husband, but he sometimes is boring to me 🤣😅.
26. If you had 1,000,000 to spend how would you spend it? I would buy my husband a late model car to race. I would pay off our house, or build our dream house. Pay off our family debt that we owe. Do some house “updates’ Travel some. Save some. Invest some.
27. Discuss a problem you have. Trying to decipher between supportive people and tolerant people.
28. What is something or someone you miss? I always say, but it will never not be true, my grandparents.
29. List 10 people, living or dead you’d invite to dinner. Include the dinner menu. My grandma and grandpa for sure. The menu would include the 2 meals my grandpa use to make and no one else can make the same, one we called frichen chicken and I don’t know the other’s actual name but it was a chicken pasta dish. I would also invite Elvis Presley, Chester Bennington, my husband’s grandpa, my husband, my 3 kids, and maybe Abraham Lincoln or something. 😅
30. List your goals for the next 30 days. Lose weight. Workout. Finish house painting projects. Finish 2 books. Finish The Handsmaids Tale on hulu. Get a pedicure. Have a date night alone with Chris.
Talk about passing the time. It is now 122AM 😂. It was fun while it lasted. This will be fun to look back on later. I challenge you to answer these for yourself. If you feel like sharing, leave them down in the comments!
2 replies to “Bored In the House”
You’re quite intriguing young lady.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person