Summer use to be the relaxing season out of all 4 of the seasons. As a kid that’s because you don’t have to go to school during the Summer, or at least most of it. However, as a parent, Summer has become less relaxing than I once remember. Life just seems to speed up in the Summer months for us.
I have really been focusing on my new year’s resolution of Being Intentional. With that, I want to feel like Summer is relaxed. Granted we are smack dab in the middle of a pandemic, among other chaos. I feel like there are still ways to keep those Summer vibes alive.
Here are my top 7 ways to still enjoy Summer.
1. Food/drinks – We have been trying to eat out less and cook at home more. Mainly because it’s easier to stay on the keto plan. However, we do partake from time to time. One of our recent favorites is a place called Copps Pizza. The bonus is that they are keto friendly! I do love to cook though. A simple pinterest search and I have a million recipes to choose from. I have also been trying my own “summer-y beverages” here at home. Mainly consisting of sparkling ice water and heavy cream, but hey, it is so good and inexpensive! I also have been enjoying some London Fog tea.
2. Music – I feel like most people would say music is life. I am no different, I love music. I do have quite diverse taste. I thought I would make a playlist of songs that I love, especially during the Summer. These songs give me Summer vibes.
Here’s a playlist for you… Summer Vibes by ReclaimingMy Sanity
3. Water play – Whether or not you have kids, water is one way to have fun and also keep cool during Summer. We decided against getting a pool this year, the dogs always ruin them. However, the kids have just as much (if not more) fun having water fights, playing in sprinklers, and using the water table we have. We did go to the splash park once since they are open now, but I am still trying to be cautious.
4. Firepits – It seems like it’s the thing to do around here. We do have our own firepit out in the backyard. Sometimes we have guests over too, but even just us sitting around it is relaxing. Turn on some tunes and just relax.
5. Stargazing – Something I really enjoy is stargazing. We don’t get to all that often because we have to drive out of the city to really soak it up in it’s entirety. But, it is so worth the drive. I try to go at least once during the Summer.
6. Gardening – I certainly do not have a green thumb. I do however, love being barefoot in the dirt and planting things. This year I took up planting some tomatoes and peppers. So far so good! We also planted some flowers. Any gardening for me is relaxing.
7. Vacation – If you have the means, then heck yes take a vacation! Get away from the daily gring for a bit, even if it is just for a weekend. Something about a change of scenery and pace can help reduce stress.
How are you enjoying your Summer? Is Summer more relaxing or busy for you? Let me know all about it in the comments!