WRITE OUT 10 EASY MEALS AND PUT THE LIST ON THE FRIDGE FOR AN EASY GO TO.
I am always planning meals for the week coming up. I have it listed in my phone when I do my grocery orders I can refer to it. I also have a little chalkboard in our kitchen that the whole family can see that lists the meals for the week. It helps me stay on my lifestyle track. It also reminds me what meat needs defrosted each day. I am still living the keto lifestyle so these meals are all keto friendly.
1. Lettuce wraps- there are so many choices! Blt, egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, burgers, and tacos are our go to for this.
2. Meat and veggie – it is a blanket statement, but this is basically our nightly meal. We mainly eat chicken and ground turkey for meats. They are the leanest and cheapest usually. One of my favorites is baked chicken legs and a side like celery sticks and cream cheese.
3. Taco salads
4. Sausage and zucchini noodles with keto friendly pasta sauce (raos or home made)
5. Crockpot! I love crockpot meals. You can find a keto recipe equivalent to basically anything with a simple search.
6. Breakfast! Who doesn’t like changing things up with breakfast for dinner? The kids like it because they usually get something with syrup. I like making skillets. Tons of veggies, maybe sausage or bacon, and obviously eggs. Simple and everyone is a fan.
7. Deconstructed foods – We especially like eggroll in a bowl and recently I made a sushi inspired bowl that was pretty good. Taking the healthy parts of not so healthy things (fried like an eggroll) or switching components out for a similar thing like riced cauliflower instead of rice.
8. Cabbage and Sausage skillet- it is so easy, fry up some sausage, garlic, and onion. You can even add bacon. And then add in some cabbage til it’s soft to your liking. Delicious and easy.
9. Shrimp alfredo – alfredo is such an easy sauce to make and it’s keto friendly if you do it right. I usually do shrimp and either zoodles or asparagus with alfredo sauce.
10. Chaffles – waffles made out of cheese. These are so easy and there are a lot of variations. We recently made ham chaffles and topped them with sour cream. Guilt free and delicious.
I love to cook. What is easy to me may not seem so easy to others, but these are the meals that take the least amount of effort for me. Anyone can do it!