What does it even mean to be a minimalist?
A minimalist is someone who focuses on living with less things. By having less things, less debts and burdens, you are able to experience more positivity in life. The less negative stress the happier, right?
Sometimes just simply reminding yourself can keep you on a track to that lifestyle. Which brings us to day 5!
WRITE 5 THINGS YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR
1. My husband. My husband is quite literally thee best person that I know. He has the best work ethic. He never fails to be a provider for our family, whatever it takes he is going to do it. He is always doing things to relieve stress off of me. He never asks for anything in return. He is amazing and I am eternally grateful he picked me as his life partner.
2. Resale shops. I am a lover of fashion and home decor. What I am not a fan of is the cost of buying things brand new. Plus, if we all shopped resale stores maybe we would eliminate some of the stuff going to landfills (reduce, reuse, recyle). Just because I pay less for something doesn’t mean it is less fashionable. Nor does it make me a poor person. Spending less makes it easier to stay out of debt and have money for life experiences.
3. Pinterest. Yes I know it sounds stupid to some of you, but it helps me a lot! Pinterest has a lot of inspiration, but it also has a lot of information too! For instance, DIY projects that can help you save money, recipes to help you lose weight, workouts that you can do from home, and anything you could possibly think of. 99.9% of the time, if you think it, there is a pin for it.
4. Music and art. Because without either of them life would be dull.
5. Utilities. I think something a lot of us take for granted is our utilities. Clean water, electricity, and gas are important to keep our houses going. I am grateful for water to drink, cook with, and bathe with. I am grateful for heat. I am grateful for all of it. I couldn’t imagine living without any of them for long periods of time.
What are you grateful for? What do you think of the minimalism lifestyle? Let me know down below!