I am so humbled to have been nominated by Heather at The Odd Bee for the sunshine blogger award. Thank you so much Heather! If you have not been to her blog yet, you definitely should check her out!
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and include a link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs and give questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Here are the questions from Heather:
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging technically back in middle school under “the greatest journal” website, which is no longer active. Back then I started it as a way to get my feelings out because I felt no one was listening. When I started this blog, Reclaiming My Sanity, I did it because I wanted to help with the stigma against mental illness as well as being able to release my feelings in a healthy way.
- What’s one thing you wish you knew as a new blogger?
I have seen many people start blogging with the idea that they are going to be making buku bucks right off the bat. I am going on 2 years with WordPress here in a few months and I can tell you unless you have the secret to gaining a crap ton of attention quickly (like in the many thousands) you are not going to be making much. Do not start a blog for the money.
- What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written?
That is a tough question for me! I would probably have to say my birth blogs. I probably read those the most along with my mental illness posts. I will link those
She is here (A Birth Story)
Pregnancy and Birth Blog for Pickle
Yes I Have A Mental Illness
- Do you keep a blogging schedule?
Not really, I kind of go in phases where sometimes I write almost daily and other times I write once a week. It really just depends on the inspiration.
- Do you have a favorite blogger? If so, who and why?
It is truly hard to pick a favorite!
- What inspires you? To put it shortly, it would be my brain. I believe my brain functions differently than most people. Other than that it is my family and our life.
- When do you feel most creative? Probably around 130AM. Hurray for insomnia!
- How do you practice self care? The most obvious answer is hygiene. I try to practice self care with my mental self by finding healthy ways to express it or by simply taking a bath.
- Do you believe in astrology? If so, what’s your zodiac sign? I use to follow astrology and relying on horoscopes. I don’t know that I believe it all 100% anymore, but I don’t believe it is impossible either. I am a Sagittarius.
- What are you most looking forward to in 2019? Probably meeting our newest little nugget in May. Having to learn a new normal for our family.
- What is the best thing you’ve purchased so far in 2019?
Hmm. Well, it is only day 9 of the new year, so I would probably have to say Taco Bell’s Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes.
Now that you have read my answers, here are the blogs that I nominate.
Scottys Keep – I have only recently started following along, but his stories make me feel like I am reliving some of the most memorable days of his life.
Have You Ever Noticed Blog – The ironic things that happen in life
Carol Anne over at Therapy Bits – Living her life with dissociative identity disorder and complex ptsd
My questions for my nominees:
- Did you make a New Year’s Resolution for 2019? If you did what was it?
- What is your favorite thing to write about?
- What sort of blogs do you like to follow and keep up on?
- If you could have chosen what era to have been born in what would you pick (knowing what you know now)?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is the most exciting thing to happen to you?
- What is on your kitchen table?
- If money was not an object, where would you go?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is one thing you could do that is nice for yourself this week?
Thank you again Heather for nominating me! I look forward to reading my nominees answers if they choose to participate!