What is Christmas without Christmas music? To me, it wouldn’t feel like Christmas without it. Yes, I am one of “those people” who starts listening to Christmas music in October. I have a tendency to listen to more of the classic Christmas music like Bing Crosby. I don’t know why but the more modern stuff (year 2000 and on) like Michael Buble and Mariah Carey, doesn’t do much for me. Perhaps I am just an old soul. It could also be the nostalgic factor, reminding me of my childhood Christmas’ with my grandparents. I miss them so much.
I started making a Christmas playlist on YouTube of the songs that never get old to me. You can find that playlist by clicking here —> Jenn’s Christmas Playlist. I figured I would also list the songs on here for those who can’t or don’t want to listen right this second.
- So This Is Christmas by John Lennon
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town by Eddy Arnold (his voice reminds me so much of my grandpa’s)
- Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney
- Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley
- Somewhere In My Memory by John Williams
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas by Bing Crosby
- Please Come Home For Christmas by the Eagles
- Deck The Halls by Mannheim Steamroller
- Last Christmas by Wham!
- Hula Hoop by Alvin and The Chipmunks (we had a cassette tape of this when I was little, we listened to it every Christmas)
What are your go-to songs to listen to during the Christmas season? Are any of the ones on my list on yours? Let me know in the comments!