I felt a small glimpse of Spring weather the other day. Today, however, it is 30 degrees and snowing. Like I mentioned before, I have reached my winter limit. I am ready for the spring weather and scenery!
I was sitting here trying to plan a family vacation for next month when I decided to start listing all the things I want to do this spring. I thought it would be fun to make a Spring Bucket List!
1. Hiking – One thing I have always wanted to do is hiking. I use to use my weight as an excuse NOT to go. This year though, I am determined!
2. Rock Climbing – I originally had said my halfway weight loss goal reward would be to get a pedicure. While I haven’t had a pedicure since getting married 6 years ago, I thought there has to be something more exciting! I decided my new “reward” will be taking a family outing to the Rock Climbing gym in town. 7 pounds left to shed to my halfway mark, I totally have this!
3. Vacation – Yes we are going to be taking a vacation next month. We are leaning towards Colorado. It has a lot to offer as far as nature and things for families to do. To add a second item to this, seeing a waterfall is on my list! Colorado has plenty of them!
4. Bowling– We never did wind up going bowling last year. I’m adding it on here again!
5. Decorate for Easter/Spring – Since we are moving to an apartment for a very short time, I decided I won’t be unpacking all of our wall decor and things like that. Instead I’m going to try to add color to the apartment by decorating for Spring/Easter. I need to have some color in my life!
6. Field of tulips – I am a weirdo. I love fields of flowers and embracing the beauty that they are. I want to find a field of tulips!
7. Try something new– I don’t know what it is, but something has been making me feel more adventurous lately. I want to try something new. I just don’t know what that is yet.
8. Go to a play/ballet – I really want to go see A Midsummer Night’s Dream ballet. There also is James and the Giant Peach playing at the local theatre. I haven’t seen a play in a long time. Maybe I will get lucky and get tickets to see Wicked this summer, but in the meantime the local theatre would be sufficient!
9. Visit a nature center – We have a few nature centers within an hour of us. I think the kids would love going. They love exploring and being outside. Just getting out and exploring more things we don’t normally do would be awesome.
10. Swimming lessons – Although I am not the best at treading water, this one isn’t for me. I want to get Poppy into a swim class. I think she would love it, plus it is a great life skill to have!
11. Zoo – we are going to renew our zoo membership. We love going to the Henry Doorly Zoo. Especially during the Spring and Fall when it’s not 115 degrees outside.
12. I know I have mentioned it before, but I want to record more. I am considering setting up a vlog channel, at least for us to look back on. Chris isn’t sure about being on YouTube for others to see, but I like the idea of having videos to watch/look back on. Even if it’s a once a week video, I think it could be fun!
And there you have it, my Spring 2018 Bucket List.
What’s on yours?