I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger award. First and foremost I would like to thank the academy..oh wait, just kidding. I would like to thank Tokyo Cowboy for nominating me, it really means a lot! Check out his awesome blog!
Secondly, I would like to mention the award creator Okoto Enigma for creating the award.
Three things about myself;
- I am a stay at home mom to my two young children.
- I use writing as a way to get things off of my chest. I always feel so much better when I write; positive or negative feelings.
- Every morning, when I wake up, I think “Geez my eyes are terrible” as I feel around the night stand, trying to find my glasses.
I am still considered new to WordPress, but there are some great blogs that I follow that I feel deserve to be nominated for this award as well.
- The Shining Gem, an awesome personal blog.
- Little Fears, an awesome personal blog and whimsical tales.
- Beauty Beyond Bones, a personal blog about the struggles of having an eating disorder and all of the life happening in between.
- Deniz Yalim at BayArt
- Gustavo Lomas, creative writer.
- Joe Phill, a personal blog that also talks about museums and music.
- Mbalenhle Khuzwayo, a great read.
- Steve Rose, social health blog.
- Discovering Your Happiness, a blog about finding happiness within yourself.
- Doctor Parrot, a comedy blog.
Questions Tokyo Cowboy asked:
- Why did you start your blog? I started my blog when I was a teenager. I officially started my blog under my own domain on WordPress about a month and a half ago. Blogging, for me, is letting out all of my emotional energy. I get a sense relief from writing whether it is positive or negative emotions/experiences.
- Have you ever traveled? If so where? I live in the middle of the United States. Though, I have not been so lucky to travel outside of the country, I have traveled to other states including; California, Washington, Kansas, Texas, Florida, New York (upstate), Tennessee, Oklahoma, Missouri, Minnesota, Illinois, and my neighboring state of Iowa.
- Which is worse, TV or video games? That is a tough question as I do like both of them. Though, I do realize, they are also both a waste of time (usually). Lately I have been playing the heck out of Super Mario Brothers 2. We don’t have cable, but I occasionally binge watch things on Netflix. So, I would have to say watching TV is probably worse because at least with video games you are stimulating your mind or being physically active.
- Bale, Clooney, Keaton, Kilmer, Affleck, or West? SO many Batmen to choose from! I personally have never liked George Clooney all that much, so we can throw him out. I don’t think I have seen Batman Forever with Val Kilmer, so I will toss him out. I never really pictured Ben Affleck as Batman, though he is probably considered the most relevant right now. I will throw him out, too. I am sitting here imagining Batman and the first face that comes to mind is Batman in The Dark Knight. So I guess I would have to settle on Christian Bale. Though, Michael Keaton and Adam West are tied for second.
- What’s your favorite drunken anecdote? I do not have very many drunken moments. I actually have not drank alcohol (other than a sip to taste something) in the last 5 years. However, when I was younger (under legal drinking age) my best friend and I occasionally found ourselves with a bottle of random nasty liquor. I remember one time we decided to go to the school park that was behind her house. We had to climb up a steep hill to get there and I did so, in flip-flops. We were just hanging out on the playground equipment when we heard sirens going off. Our first thought was that someone was coming for us. We took off running down the hill. You know in scary movies there is always that point where someone falls down in the middle of a cat and mouse chase? Well, that does happen in real life sometimes because I did fall down and my flip-flop came off. I realize now that we were just paranoid (underage drinking, you probably should be) and they never did show up to where we were.
Questions for the people I have nominated:
- What made you start blogging?
- How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a tootsie pop?
- What are your personal goals for the rest of this year and how are you meeting them?
- If you could sing with any singer/band on stage, who would it be?
- What is your biggest personal struggle?
My best posts are:
- You have to keep going
- It’s What I Love About Sundays
- Family Tradition
- Even Good People Make Mistakes
- Justice for Pete
The rules of the contest are:
- Put the award logo in your blog
- list the rules
- thank the person who nominated you, provide a link to their blog
- mention the award creator and put a link to their blog
- tell your readers three things about yourself
- nominate 10-20 people for the same award
- notify the nominees by commenting on their blog
- ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice (including one weird/funny one)
- share links to your best posts
I am so thankful that people see enough in my writing that they feel I deserve a nomination. It really does mean a lot to me. Don’t forget to click the follow button to keep up with me!
8 replies to “Mystery Blogger Award”
when I am looking at your blog, I see that you are really deserved that 🙂
Thank you so much, it really means a lot!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hey hey Sanity! Man, that’s a nickname… Sanity… Hello, Sanity. Goodbye Sanity… I should refer to your name in full in future right?:)
Congratulations on the award ReclaimingMySanity, and thank you for the nomination. 🙂
Haha, it doesn’t bother me if you want to call me that 😉. I haven’t officially won anything, but being nominated is a great honor for a newbie like myself. Hope to see your post soon 😊
Thank you 😊