With Fall fast approaching I thought it would be fun to make a fall bucket list. I enlisted the help of Pickle to see what was on his heart and mind this time of the year.
We came up with the top 10 things that we would like to do.
1. Go to the pumpkin patch – This is something we do every year. This year we are considering buying a season pass and going as much as we want. There is so much to do there!
2. Go Trick R Treating – Of course this has to be on the list. Who doesn’t love free candy? Normally we go to our zoo’s event and then find a neighborhood to go in (ours lacks in participants).
3. Go apple picking – This has become a fall family favorite. We have been going for the last 3 years with my mom, sister, and nephew.
4. Carve or decorate pumpkins – One of my favorite things to do for Halloween. It has been a family tradition since I was very little. Now, they make all sorts of kits you can buy to decorate a pumpkin.
5. Watch Halloween movies – We do this pretty much all year already. In fact, we are currently watching The Nightmare before Christmas right now. He loves this movie. He also likes Beetlejuice. I recently got him to like Hocus Pocus. I also like The Addams Family movies.
6. Go bowling – This one is kind of random, but fun nonetheless. We don’t go bowling very often so it is something to have a change of pace.
7. Color pictures to hang up – One thing I do for nearly every holiday is print off coloring pages that go with that holiday. We color them and hang them up in the house.
8. Go on a nature walk – We did this last year. This was actually the first thing we did after we bought Pickle his Polaroid camera. He loved it! You can make it a scavenger hunt, too.
9. Smores – Around here you can’t have fall without a bonfire. Luckily we have a firepit in our backyard. Of course, the kids think of making Smores. Can’t say that I blame them.
10. Bake – My son LOVES to help make food. He loves using the hand mixer, attempting to crack eggs, pour ingredients, and watch it cook in the oven. This year I am thinking about doing some home made pies. The options are endless.
I know I said it before, but I like writing these seasonal bucket lists. I also like to make sure to incorporate what is on the kid’s hearts. As they get older, it will be interesting to see what changes and what stays the same.
What are your fall traditions? Let us know in the comments!
-Jenn & Pickle