Ah, yes, movies. Movies are an escape from reality. Possibly even a reminder of the reality that makes up our life. I happen to really enjoy movies. So much so, that this list seems like a daunting task, but I am up for the challenge! So here we go, here are my top 10 favorite movies, not in a particular order.
- Forrest Gump. Although it is a lengthy movie, I never find myself bored of it. I could watch it over and over and still find it just as entertaining as I always have. This is one of those movies that you can watch and find something new in it each time.
- Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? I think this is just about the only George Clooney movie that I enjoy. There is a lot of dynamics to this movie that keep you on the edge of your seat and tapping your toe along with the music.
- She’s The Man. Of course, what woman would not want to be along side Channing Tatum in this comedy about a girl trying to prove that girls can do what boys can do, by pretending to be her brother. It’s funny, dramatic, with a hint of sexy.
- Alice In Wonderland. The one from the 1950’s (although the newer ones are good, too). I could watch this movie all day long. I am a sucker for Disney movies, but for some reason Alice doesn’t seem to get as much attention as the others. I did get to be in an Alice and Wonderland play when I was in kindergarten. I played one of the singing flowers.
- Harry Potter. I love Harry Potter, but who doesn’t anymore? Every time I watch any of the movies it makes me want to watch them all. I think my two favorites of the series are The Goblet of Fire and The Deathly Hallows Part 2. I particularly like Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Sirius Black, and Professor Snape. I tend to get very agitated at Dolores Umbridge and her weird cat plate obsession.
- Saving Private Ryan. Yes, another Tom Hanks movie. I can’t help that the man is talented. I love this movie. It is my favorite war movie there is.
- Pretty Woman, My Best Friend’s Wedding and The Runaway Bride. I grouped these together because they are all Julia Roberts movies. These are also the kinds of movies that I can watch over and over. Might as well throw Erin Brockovich in there as well.
- Pretty much anything with Steve Martin in it. That man is a hoot! There is not one movie I have seen, with him in it, that I did not like. 3 Amigos. Father of the Bride. The Out of Towners. Cheaper By The Dozen. The Jerk. Sgt. Bilko.
- The Twilight Series. I am not team Jacob, Edward, or Bella Swan for that matter. I just genuinely like the story itself. After all, vampires and people turning into wolves…yes please!
- Anything with Adam Sandler, you know is going to be good! Same for Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Jim Carrey, and Seth Rogan. As you can see, I really enjoy the comedy genre. Ha-Ha.
Well, that really made me think! It is hard to pick from so many great movies. Really, there should be like a top 500 favorite movies, but that would take way too long.
What are your favorite movies? Let me know in the comments!