I was sitting here thinking to myself that even though you may read my blog (or maybe it is your first time here) you don’t really know that much about me. Not much that is exactly interesting or something to identify with. So I thought, maybe I should write a little tid-bit about myself. So here we are, ten things you don’t know about me.
- I do not have a favorite color. I can tell you that I do not care much for the color brown. Although, I am not really sure why that is.
- In the Spring of my 8th grade year, I tried out for a talent scout for singing. I did get a call back, but ultimately it seemed too good to be true with all the costs they wanted us to pay upfront. Singing has always been a huge part of my life (it is in my blood).
- I do not drink alcohol. The last time I was drunk was on the night of my wedding, over five years ago. I just do not see the appeal in wanting to be intoxicated and acting like a buffoon. I do not need to drink to have a good time.
- I do not tend to keep up to date with bands and current top hits on the music chart. I prefer to listen to the oldies. I am a huge Elvis Presley fan. Although, you can find me listening to everything under the sun ( I just don’t obsess over names anymore).
- I cannot stand mint flavored foods or drinks. GROSS! However, mints and gum in mint flavors are fine.
- I cannot eat bananas. They make me feel like I am dying. Comparable to being in labor. I call it banana intolerance.
- I often give more of myself to others to make sure that they are happy. I also would rather buy things for others than I would for myself. I do not mean to be narcissistic, but I truly am a good-hearted person. I am nice to those who are rude to me. I go out of my way to help who I can. I just believe that kindness matters.
- I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I love Christmas trees, Christmas lights, Christmas decorations, Christmas foods, Christmas music, Christmas movies, gift giving, and of course snow on Christmas. (Insert Will Ferrell as Buddy the elf here. He would be my best friend!)
- I have a slight obsession for children’s clothing. My kids have way more clothes than I do. My 6 month old daughter has probably about 12-15 pairs of shoes, while I have about 5. I cannot help it, they are just so cute! Besides, who doesn’t like playing dress up?
- The two biggest pet peeves of mine are lying and ungrateful people. I cannot stand being lied to. There is not point in lying to me. I respect honesty, even if it is painful. More than anything, I cannot stand when people are ungrateful. Learn to say thank you. Someone holds the door open for you, you say thank you. Someone gets you a gift, even if you don’t like it, want it, or need it; you say thank you. Someone does something for you, no matter how minute it may seem; you say thank you!
Well, that was fun! I hope you learned a little bit more about me. What about you? What is your biggest pet peeve? Your favorite holiday or time of year? Let me know in the comments below.
As always, thank you for reading.